Greetings from Admissions
Thank you for your interest in Austin Jewish Academy where you can find the best of both worlds: a project-based academic curriculum with the highest of standards integrated with timeless Jewish values and traditions. I encourage you to visit our campus where you’ll find a supportive community of teachers and students collaborating on creative projects, exploring the world around them near and far, and thinking critically about ways to transform the future. We are an inclusive community of learners, with a faculty dedicated to inspiring a lifetime love of learning and to developing a meaningful connection to Jewish life past and present. At AJA, we empower students to reach their full potential both in the classroom and in the world at large.
Please contact me to schedule a tour; I’m sure you’ll be as excited about what’s happening at AJA as we are!
Director of Admissions and Outreach
- Meet with the Admissions Director to discuss your child.
- Visit classrooms and see students and teachers “in action.”
- Receive an application and learn about the enrollment process.
The application checklist outlines all steps and documentation required to complete your child’s application to Austin Jewish Academy.
- Schedule a Shadow Day for your first through eighth grade applicant to spend a full day with his/her peer group. During this time, Principal Tisha Brown will meet with your child for about 20 minutes to assess his/her academics and get to know your child better.
- If your child is applying for TK or kindergarten, he/she will be invited to participate in Kindergarten Round Up with AJA teachers in February and a 15 minute meeting with Principal Tisha Brown at a separate time.
- If your child is applying for sixth, seventh or eighth grade, he/she will be required to submit a Middle School Student Applicant Statement.
If you are applying for the upcoming Fall, the admissions team will meet in mid-March of the spring before to discuss the application. At the end of March, we will mail decision letters to all applicants whose materials were submitted by the priority deadline (January 28). While we do recommend submitting applications by the priority deadline, we have a rolling admissions process, and if space is available, will continue to accept applications through the year.
Austin Jewish Academy hosts a monthly event called First Thursday with coffee and conversation in the ECP lobby on the JCAA campus. Hear more about the AJA difference from parents just like you. It’s a no-stress casual chat that just might make the difference for your child’s future. An “Open House” evening event is hosted twice a year in the homes of AJA parents. Information on dates is published in the fall. To schedule a private tour, please contactRisa Ferdman.
Austin Jewish Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color and national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and school administered programs or in employment of faculty and administrative staff.